Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Glitter, Glitter and More Glitter

So I have been busy busy busy working on all the little touches for my friend Sarah's Bridal shower. I think the homemade decorations are so much better than matchy store bought. You know me there is lots of glitter involved. Here are some of them in the works. (Sorry for the photo quality, mostly cell pics texted to friends)

 This is a big cardboard S that I bought at Joann Fabrics and sprayed it gold and then covered the front with pink glitter. It is going to be hung somewhere in the room. I thought about doing the Bride and Groom intials but that would be S&M and I don't know what kind of sense of humor this crowd has. =)
 Finished it looks awesome, I coated the final product in polyurethane so the glitter would stay put
 I was trying to decide on the banner placement, these foam glitter letters from Michaels are awesome add ribbon and staples and done.
     I have turned my Dining room into my craft room workshop for all things shower, I have alot of projects going.
Flower Centerpieces: I decided on pink potted flowers, one because I feel bad wasting freshcut and beacause I had read on TheKnot that tall centerpieces make it hard to talk to each other. The potts are covered in purple ribbon and a glitter heart, photos of the bride and groom in the center of flowers held by glitter heart sticks that I bought at the dollar store and razor bladed down the middle to hold photos.





 Aren't these so pretty and girly? Blake and Shawn collected them and I glittered them to scatter on each table. Martha Sterwart glitter is the best, it has the best sparkle and look how much I have left in those bottles you can get a ton of projects done with one bottle.





2 comments:

  1. Yes, one of the first things I learned in our wedding was that our initials together are S&M or MS. Either is not great. So mike DID make a logo that was nice, but otherwise, I avoid it. Your sign was AWESOME and it's in my house now. Thanks - you're the best!

    ReplyDelete